|D. What does the Professional Surveyor
need from me?
- The purpose of the survey.
- A copy of your deed, or the book and
page where it is recorded in the county Chancery Clerk's Office; any
survey plats that you have, and information about the location of corners
and property lines.
- Brief history of ownership and past
- Names and addresses of adjacent land
- Information about disagreements over
location of corners and lines.
- A site visit with the surveyor.
- Agreement as to who is to pay for the
survey and when.
- A copy of all title examination
notes, if available.
E. How can I obtain the services of a Professional
Ask someone who has employed a competent
Look in the yellow pages or a business
section of a telephone book.
Obtain a list of professional surveyors
from the Mississippi State Board of Registration for Professional
Engineers and Land Surveyors, Jackson, Mississippi, phone (601-359-6160)
Contact the Mississippi Association of
Professional Surveyors, (MAPS) or one of it's members.
F. What may I receive from the Professional Surveyor?
- Survey plat(s) (drawings, maps)
suitable for recording, showing all necessary information in accordance
with "Minimum Standards for Land Surveyors in the State of Mississippi."
- A property description, if required.
- A surveyor's inspection report or other
required and agreed-on documents.